This 2022-2023 academic year, the students at Al-Qaaim Study Centre are leading an initiative to help raise funds for those in need around the world. This initiative will focus on providing safe clean drinking water and food aid to those in need, as well as support for vulnerable children and women. More information regarding these initiatives can be found below. The students at Al-Qaaim and our team at The Zahra Foundation appreciate your support and we look forward to helping those in need together!
The Water Aid program at The Zahra Foundation works to provide safe, clean and accessible drinking water and sanitation facilities for those in need. This helps to break the cycle of poverty and improve health, education and livelihoods for some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
The students at Al-Qaaim will be supporting this initiative by raising funds for two types of water wells:
- Electric Water Wells which pump clean water using a bore water well and an electric motor at the cost of $2,500
- Hand Pump and Toilet facilities which provide water through manual pumps for regions that lack electricity at the cost of $900. These facilities also include toilets since in these regions there is a severe lack of sanitation facilities available.
The Food Aid program at The Zahra Foundation provides critical support to people in need, helping to meet their basic needs and improve their health and well-being. In addition, food aid can also play a role in promoting long-term food security by supporting local economies, improving access to food, and addressing the root causes of hunger and malnutrition.
The students at Al-Qaaim are supporting us raise funds in the following ways:
- One-month staple food parcels which contain nourishing food to sustain a family of around six members for up to a month. We source staple items of the local diet of families and distribute them to ease the burden of parents struggling to feed their households.
- Provide meals to between 100 to 250 orphans or vulnerable people.
Orphans, Widows and Vulnerable Children
Millions of vulnerable children around the globe are in need of aid. At The Zahra Foundation we work on a community level to support those in need. This means that funds are used to support multiple children and widows wherever and whenever possible.
The students at Al-Qaaim are supporting this initiative, while we make sure that your contributions can make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who need it most. Your funds could be used in any of the following ways:
- Financial assistance to families
- Food assistance to orphans, widows and vulnerable children
- Support with other basic necessity costs such as shelter and appliances
Support the Al-Qaaim initiative today!
To support your child’s class in this initiative be sure to include the class in the notes section at checkout!